Qualified Medical Expenses FAQ
What are HSA qualified medical expenses?
The IRS publishes a list and description of HSA medical expenses in Publication 502, Medical and Dental Expenses‡, which is available on the IRS’s Web site‡. Typical HSA qualified medical expenses include:
- Medical expenses, insurance deductibles, co-pays, and other eligible expenses not covered by insurance
- Hospital charges
- Prescription drugs
- Medical supplies
- Over-the-counter drugs, with a prescription from your provider
- Eyeglasses, contact lenses, solutions and eye surgery
- Vitamins, dietary supplements, weight loss drugs, if approved by your doctor
- Dental services, orthodontics and psychologist's fees
- Smoking cessation programs and related over-the-counter drugs, with a prescription from your provider
UMB HSA Saver
UMB HSA Saver is a unique investment platform designed with ease in mind. Account holders can easily research, buy and sell funds with a couple clicks.
HSA FAQ Resource
Find answers to your most common HSA questions in our comprehensive HSA FAQs section