Qualified Medical Expenses FAQ
What are HSA qualified medical expenses?
The IRS publishes a list and description of HSA medical expenses in Publication 502, Medical and Dental Expenses‡, which is available on the IRS’s Web site‡. Typical HSA qualified medical expenses include:
- Medical expenses, insurance deductibles, co-pays, and other eligible expenses not covered by insurance
- Hospital charges
- Prescription drugs
- Medical supplies
- Over-the-counter drugs, with a prescription from your provider
- Eyeglasses, contact lenses, solutions and eye surgery
- Vitamins, dietary supplements, weight loss drugs, if approved by your doctor
- Dental services, orthodontics and psychologist's fees
- Smoking cessation programs and related over-the-counter drugs, with a prescription from your provider
Introducing UMB HSA Saver an easier way to invest in your HSA
Now you can invest your HSA savings in UMB HSA Saver and take advantage of our easy-to-use investing platform.