HSAs and Divorce

What are the rules that apply if your HSA is transferred pursuant to a divorce decree?

The transfer of your HSA to your spouse pursuant to a divorce decree is not considered a taxable transfer. After such transfer, the former spouse will be treated as the accountholder of the HSA, but the former spouse must request UMB to transfer the account to his or her name, must provide UMB with a certified copy of the divorce decree and property settlement or transfer agreement, and must sign appropriate documents to establish the account in that person's name.

Introducing UMB HSA Saver an easier way to invest in your HSA

Now you can invest your HSA savings in UMB HSA Saver and take advantage of our easy-to-use investing platform.

How to Use Receipt Vault Video

How to Use ReceiptVault

Easily track and manage your healthcare receipts using ReceiptVault.

How to use your HSA

Watch how to use your HSA

Make the most of your HSA by watching this informational video.