What other types of health coverage (permitted coverage) can be maintained without losing eligibility for an HSA?
An individual remains eligible for an HSA if, in addition to an HDHP, they have any one or more of the following permitted coverage(s):
- Insurance where substantially all of the coverage relates to liabilities from workers' compensation laws, torts, or ownership or use of property (such as automobile insurance).
- Insurance for a specified disease or illness, such as a cancer policy.
- Insurance that pays a fixed amount per day (or other period) of hospitalization.
- Coverage (whether through insurance or otherwise) for accidents, disability, dental, vision or long-term care.
- Coverage under an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- A discount card for health care services or products at managed care market rates.
Introducing UMB HSA Saver
UMB HSA Saver is a unique investment platform designed with ease in mind. Account holders can easily research, buy and sell funds with a couple clicks.
HSA FAQ Resource
Find answers to your most common HSA questions in our comprehensive HSA FAQs section.