Can an individual open an HSA and also enroll in a health care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?

Employees cannot enroll in both an HSA and a health care FSA. If the employee is married, he or she may not make contributions to an HSA while covered by their spouse's health care FSA. The employee can only have a limited purpose FSA, if one is offered. Eligible expenses with a limited purpose FSA include most unreimbursed dental, vision and/or hearing care expenses (including expenses for dependents), and possibly out-of-pocket medical expenses incurred after the HDHP statutory minimum deductible has been met.

Introducing UMB HSA Saver

UMB HSA Saver is a unique investment platform designed with ease in mind. Account holders can easily research, buy and sell funds with a couple clicks.

How to use RecepitVault

How to Use ReceiptVault

Easily track and manage your healthcare receipts using ReceiptVault.

HSA FAQ Resource

Find answers to your most common HSA questions in our comprehensive HSA FAQs section.