The Great Reimagining: Your Opportunity to Reframe the Value of Benefit Spending and Savings Accounts
Benefits Pro Webinar
May 11, 2022
Most employee benefits are table stakes in the competition for the best and brightest candidates. The great reimagining is a moment to not only demonstrate that you’re hearing what clients want, but also to make sure that their benefits fit into this newly reimagined work world.
During this episode, Phil Mason, Executive Vice President, COO Institutional Banking, Director of Healthcare Services at UMB Healthcare, and Matt Clarkin, principal and co-found of Access Point HSA, discuss recent employment trends and how benefit spending and savings accounts can help various organizations. Some of the topics covered include:
- Key features and advantages of benefit spending and savings accounts;
- Myths versus facts around what these accounts can and should do;
- What employees need from their benefit accounts and key features and services that employers expect from account vendors.
View Webinar Recording
How Employee-Centric Benefit Accounts Can Drive Success for Employees and Employers
Attracting and retaining top talent is more challenging than ever—for organizations of all sizes. These days, prospective and existing employees expect more from employers, including a benefits package that will evolve to meet workers’ changing needs. Since job seekers have the upper hand in today’s competitive labor market, your organization—and the benefits you offer—need to have an employee-centric mindset to win their favor.
In this presentation, we’ll explain how to make that happen. Session takeaways include:
- Key features and benefits of employee-centric spending and savings accounts
- The realities of what these accounts can and should do
- How to ensure that saving and spending account functionality is employee-centric so that your people will use them as intended
- Why and how to partner with vendors who help deliver on the promises these accounts offer
- What to look for when considering a spending and saving account vendor
- Key features and services employers expect from spending and savings account vendors and key features and benefits employees need from their benefit accounts
How Best to Incorporate the HSA into a Health Professional’s Practice
October 5, 2021
Despite the many benefits health savings accounts (HSAs) offer many advisors, brokers, HR experts and other stakeholders don’t fully understand how to maximize HSAs for long-term payoff. And, traditionally, HSAs have not drawn substantial assets from their account owners.
Join UMB to learn:
- The broker's/benefit consultant's role in long-term planning
- How brokers/benefit consultants can work with HSA vendors to offer a benefits lineup that allows employees to save for their current medical expenses as well as those they can expect to have in retirement
- The importance of best practices—including education strategies and continued communication—to HSA adoption success
- Techniques for encouraging HSA accountholders to pivot from spending to saving and investing their account balances
View Webinar Recording
To create an HSA saver mindset, draw from the 401(k) playbook
Longer life expectancy, less help with retirement funding and economic and global circumstances are making it more difficult for people to retire. By some estimates, just to cover their cost of health care in retirement, an average couple may need $300,000—after taxes. The good news is that employers are uniquely positioned to help employees use their HSAs to fuel their retirement savings. In this program, Brian M. Hutchin from UMB Healthcare Services will describe how, by borrowing a page from the 401(k) playbook, companies can shift their workforce to a saver mentality and build a culture in which long-term financial wellness is a priority for everyone.
Today’s Political Landscape & the Powerful Possibilities of HSAs
Benefits Pro Webinar
The possibilities for expanded use of HSAs could change the industry and the lives of account holders. Whether decoupling them from high deductible plans or expanding what can be purchased - flexibility could make HSAs more meaningful for more people. Many companies within the industry are working with the HSA Council to advocate for change, though the present legislative balance has prevented any major changes from occurring.
Join this webcast to gain timely insight to make informed decisions and provide consulting for clients and their HSA programs. Topics discussed will include:
- How the current political landscape relates to HSAs and what you can expect from the new administration going forward
- Communicating the value in HSAs to prevent further negative legislative impact to the industry
- How you could eventually offer more HSA plans to clients and allow for more flexibility
- And more...
March 17-19, 2022
NAPA 401(k) Summit
April 3-5, 2022
Tampa Bay, Fl
PSCA National Conference
April 28-29, 2022
BenefitsPro Broker Expo
May 23-25, 2022
SHRM Annual Conference
June 12-15, 2022
New Orleans LA
NAHU Annual Convention
June 25-28, 2022
ECFC Annual Symposium
August 3-5, 2022
September 18-21, 2022
Coeur d’ Alene, ID
SIIA Annual National Educational Conference & EXPO
October 9-11, 2022
October 16-18, 2022
Las Vegas, NV